Many businesses over the last couple years have turned to software as a service (SaaS) applications for their business needs. With the increase in network bandwidth and the advancements in Web 2.0 the SaaS model is being adopted by a growing number of organizations of all sizes.
Today’s IT department has more choices than ever when it comes to deploying the software applications needed by the organization to run its business. While the traditional, on-premise approach of running applications in one’s own datacenter is still dominant, the rising costs and staff requirements associated with supporting on-premise applications - and the underlying infrastructure to run them on - provide a compelling argument for an alternate application delivery model such as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).
Another key advantage of the software as a service (SaaS) delivery model is that it enables small to medium sized companies to operate world class enterprise software – without the high priced hardware, maintenance and other infrastructure costs - just as other large companies do worldwide. This benefit alone can give you a technical leap in efficiency over your competition.
Here are a few more benefits to consider:
- No expensive hardware to purchase;
- Rapid deployment of the software into production;
- Remote accessibility from anywhere there is an internet connection;
- Maintain a competitive advantage at a low cost;
- Superior protection and security of your data;
- Reduced dependency on IT services;
- Easy partner management - adding trading partners is instantaneous;
- No transaction fees like traditional VANs
These are just some of the advantages of investing in a software as a service solution when looking to streamline your business processes, increase efficiencies and reduce data error.
To read more about the eBridge ePortal (SaaS) application - Click here.