EDI Document Type - 810 Invoice
What is an 810 Invoice?
One of the most common EDI document types is the EDI 810 Invoice. The 810 document type is an electronic version of a paper invoice or bill. Standard EDI formats include X12, ANSI, EDIFACT and its subsets. Click here to read more about supported EDI Standards.
Click the image to view an EDI raw format
Click the image to view an EDI human readable format
The 810 EDI document type is used by the supplier (also referred to as the trading partner) to indicate to the buyer the details of the purchase. Specific details such as items, price and quantities delivered will be represented in the document. The 810 EDI document will also contain payment details and terms as indicated by the buyer.
What makes up the 810 Invoice document?
An 810 EDI Invoice is organized into the following segment and data elements. A segment can contain at least one data element. Each data element contains a data field. Data elements could include vendor number, item, quantity, price per item; address information (street, city, state etc) identical to a paper invoice. There are an infinite number of possibilities available for a company to include data on an 810 Invoice.
How is it used?
After the 810 invoice is received by the supplier, a 997 Functional Acknowledgment is sent back from the buyer indicating that the invoice was successfully received.
The Process and Standards
An EDI solution is required to process the EDI documents received into a financial system (click here to view all available financial systems eBridge integrates into) or into a readable format for manual entry. Each trading partner will have an EDI Implementation guide outlining the specific segments, data elements, values accepted, and the applicable business rules to be followed.
Why eBridge Connections?
- 2000+ Customers | 37+ Financial Systems | 47,000+ Documents Integrated
- One company to build, deloy and maintain all of your integration solutions;
- Pre-built trading partner connections allow for quick deployment;
- Pay one low monthly fee regardless of how many transactions you execute, no VAN fees;
- Last mile integration - from trading partner, right into your accounting package;
- Scalable eBridge solutions allow you to grow your business, integrate and exchange information with trading partners, customer relationship management (CRM), supply chain management (SCM) and eCommerce (webstore) systems