EDI Document Type - 876 Grocery Products Purchase Order Change
What is an 876 Grocery Products Purchase Order Change?
One of the most common EDI document types is the EDI 876 Grocery Products Purchase Order Change. The 876 document type is an electronic version of a paper Grocery Products Purchase Order Change. Standard EDI formats include X12, ANSI, EDIFACT and its subsets. Click here to read more about supported EDI Standards.
The 876 EDI document type is used to change a purchase order for grocery products (The EDI 875 document).
What makes up the 876 Grocery Products Purchase Order Change document?
An 876 EDI Grocery Products Purchase Order Change is organized into the following segment and data elements. A segment can contain at least one data element. Each data element contains a data field. Data elements could include item number, item description, and correction to quantity. There are an infinite number of possibilities available for a company to include data on an 876 Grocery Products Purchase Order Change.
How is it used?
The 876 EDI document is sent by the retailer or wholesaler to change an existing purchase order. Changes are made by restating the value of a data element, and deletions are handled by restating the quantity of the item to zero. After the 876 Grocery Products Purchase Order Change is received by the seller, a 997 Functional Acknowledgment is sent back from the receiver indicating that the 876 Grocery Products Purchase Order Change was successfully received.
The Process and Standards
An EDI solution is required to process the EDI documents received into a financial system (click here to view all available financial systems eBridge integrates into) or into a readable format for manual entry. Each trading partner will have an EDI Implementation guide outlining the specific segments, data elements, values accepted, and the applicable business rules to be followed.Click here to find your trading partner
Why eBridge Connections?
- 2000+ Customers | 37+ Financial Systems | 47,000+ Documents Integrated
- One company to build, deploy and maintain all of your integration solutions;
- Pre-built trading partner connections allow for quick deployment;
- Pay one low monthly fee regardless of how many transactions you execute, no VAN fees;
- Last mile integration - from trading partner, right into your accounting package;
- Scalable eBridge solutions allow you to grow your business, integrate and exchange information with trading partners, customer relationship management (CRM), supply chain management (SCM) and eCommerce (webstore) systems