Meet eBridge customer Sun Bum
We went to Sun Bum’s website to research for this success story and found ourselves in a 20-minute vortex of belly-aching banana videos. If you have no idea what I’m talking about, do yourself a favour and go to their website
Sun Bum started up in Cocoa Beach Florida, and now has a office on the west coast in Encinitas California. They care about protecting their loved ones and friends from the sun. So, they make products that are good for the environment and good for people’s health – for both babies and for adults.
Trust the bum, they say.
HOW EBRIDGE AND SUN BUM STARTED TO WORK TOGETHER
Sun Bum started business in 2010. With growing sales, processing orders manually was out of the question for their small but crafty team. They wandered into our lives in 2013 at eBridge Connections, and we haven’t let them go since.
Sun Bum uses Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains)
as their back-office ERP system. It helps them keep track of inventory, store product catalogs, count their ‘beans’ and generally make the entire machine run. Connecting GP with their Shopify
store ensures that data in one system makes its way into the other, and vice versa.
WHAT KIND OF DATA FLOW SAVES SUN BUM TIME
Integrating Shopify and Dynamics GP equals time savings. For example, when an order is placed by a customer, order data such as the SKU, price, customer name, address, and quantity find their way automatically into GP.
- Orders from Shopify
- MS Dynamics GP o Data populates into posted orders in the right fields in GP and Sun Bum can then start to fulfill
- Shipments from MS Dynamics GP
- Shopify o Data relating to Shipments to customers (like carrier, tracking number, order confirmation number, etc) make it to Shopify
BEING A TOP SUNSCREEN, HAIRCARE AND LIP BALM BRAND REQUIRES A SMART ONLINE STRATEGY
Sun Bum sells online and has so for years. Recently, Sun Bum ‘re-platformed,’ which is a fancy term for moving from one online eCommerce platform to another. Their new platform of choice? Shopify! Ya gotta love Canadians. Sun Bum picked Shopify because it can handle bells and whistles required, out of the box.
Why is this re-platforming significant to the story of eBridge + Sun Bum?
Let us tell you.
The eBridge Integration Platform let’s brands switch out systems without a complete integration rebuild, as Sun Bum did by removing their old eCommerce store and adding their new Shopify store.
- Since the eBridge Integration Platform is “universal” – picture a conical sphere (see image below) that Sun Bum plugs Shopify and GP into – switching to a new eCommerce platform was not a 'complete rebuild'
- eBridge has connectors pre-built for the top eCommerce platforms
- When Sun Bum told eBridge they wanted to re-platform, we already had the connector for Shopify ready to go
- We already knew their Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP, and had built business rules and translations locked and loaded to it to fit their unique requirements
THE END OF THE STORY: WALKING INTO THE SUN SET, PROTECTED BY SUN BUM SUNCREEN
If “Trust The Bum” is the line Sun Bum wants to leave you with, then eBridge wants to leave you with “Count On The Conical.” If you choose eBridge as your integration provider, then you are not limited. Add Amazon. Add a Shipping software. Change your ERP. Upgrade your ERP. With eBridge, system change doesn’t mean you have to change much at all in relation to your integration.
That conical line sounded so much cooler in our heads…
As Sun Bum grows and gets a lot bigger, their automated integration between online shop + back-office system will be quietly doing the tasks they would otherwise have to do by hand. Perhaps automation equals more time to surf.
✓ Orders from Shopify into Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains (GP)
✓ Shipments from Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains (GP) to Shopify
Head to Sun Bum’s website for care for your hair, lips, bum and even your baby’s bum.
LOCATION: HQ is in California, USA